When I sat and actually fit the skills that I want to learn to garment, well I didn't really want to make most of the garments; at least not right now. I will keep the list at hand though, and work my way through the techniques if and when I feel like it.
Right now I am making a pants muslin for Alex. I have never actually sewn pants for someone other than myself and hopefully her young, slim well proportioned body will make it an easier project than fitting pants for myself has been. Unfortunately she's still too jet lagged to actually have the patience to stand still during a fitting. Under the best of circumstances she's not good at this, so I'll sew up the muslin and go on to something else in the mean time.
The muslin, two of them in fact, for my jacket are wadders. I figured out the fitting issue I was having but I decided that the jacket was just not going to be flattering on me. I have two possibilities at the moment but I am not sure I have enough fabric for the first one. I love this Burda coat, 120 9/10 but couldn't figure out how to make it work for me. The hip band isn't really suitable for my figure. Then I saw Claire Kennedy's post on how she remade this pattern, eliminating the hip band. I love it. But the way she eliminated the side seam may make it take more fabric than I have.
That's the first possibility and this is the second. This is the short version, but there's a version that's actually a wrap with a lapel and v neck opening which I prefer. Finding said coat on the French Burda website is not so easy and I was a tad lazy, so this is the one I've posted.
It's a Major Award!
9 hours ago